Children Act

We can help you whether you are parents who need to determine where your child  lives or if you want to see your child more often. or if you are grandparents who want to see your grandchild.  Sometimes, where Children's Services are involved it can be challenging for grandparents to even speak with the Social Workers involved.  


 We can help you with: 


  • Applications for Parental Responsibility

  • Child Arrangement Orders (previously know as Residence and Contact Orders)

  • Applications relating to relocation of your child

  • Prohibited Steps Orders (for example preventing your ex-partner from changing a child's school)

  • Specific Issue Order (for example changing a child's surname

  • Applications for DNA Testing

  • Applications to find out a child's whereabouts

  • Applications where  Children's Services are involved such as Care or Supervsion Orders


 We can assist and guide you with the whole process or certain elements of the process, whichever you choose.  This includes:


  • Making an Application

  • Attending the First Directions Hearing or the Financial Dispute Resolution Hearing

  • Assisting with Negotiation at Court or with the other party (or other party's Solicitor)

  • Assisting with writing letters putting forward offers to settle

  • Discussing the best strategy, likely outcome and risks involved 

  • Preparation of Documents such as Position Statment and Statement of Evidence 

  • Preparation for Final Hearing including Court Bundle, Skeleton Argument, Examination Questions  

  • Attending the Final Hearing 


Contact me here for further information or for a free initial consultation.



Contact Info


07956 591 000  

St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex 

2014 Deborah Nelson with


Deborah Nelson Family Law is NOT a legal advice service.  It is a support and guidance service.  


Although  Deborah Nelson is a qualified Solicitor she does  not hold a practising Certificate to be able to advise you as to the merits of your case.  We are providing a service to you as a McKenzie Friend/Legal Assistant and therefore will not be responsible for any adverse decisions made in your case resulting from documents we have helped you prepare and guidance given to you prior to or during court proceedings.  We will not be responsible for any decisions made by you, the court or the other party's solicitor. or applications, 


If you require advice about the merits of your case or application or what to say in your statements you should consult a Practising Solicitor who is regulated by the Solicitor's Regulation Authority or a Direct Access Barrister.  

Follow me


  • facebook
  • Twitter Clean
  • w-googleplus